Monday, November 19, 2007

The Grub Zone: Rico's Burritos

Its not really the name of the spot....but thats what I call it. Its a spot out in Pasadena with no name, and the menu is old school...where u can rearrange the letters yourself. At first, I was a bit iffy on this spot seeing as it got a B from the Health Inspector....but I was hongree (different level of hunger). I asked for a breakfast burrito, he nodded once like a samurai would, then raised his finger and said, "BURRITO!!!!" in the heaviest accent I had ever heard. The cook behind him took a tortilla and piled a bunch of goodies on top, then wrapped it ever so tightly. It took him like 2 minutes to give me my order....straight up. When I opened the bag....time stopped, a shimmer of light shot out of the bag and raced towards the heavens, and fanfare ensued.



exactly.
I giggled after the first bite, cried after the second, and trembled with fear after the third....this burrito was no joke.



If you are ever in Pasadena....on a street called Arroyo...and you happen to pass a spot with no name, next to a Trader Joes....you should definately holler at one, only go if you dont mind being itis'd up though.

2 comments:

JFJ said...

lol @ "don't mind the itis"!

Anonymous said...

damn son. damn. i'm wit it.