Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pictures with Words: Andre 3000 - 30 Something Freestyle


I was a young lad of 17/
My life had yet to show its ugly face/
Only a pretty façade, ay god/
It’s me, remember 3-thousand/
The one who used to pray to be a rapper
My childs in, the 3rd grade/
His favorite rapper wasn’t rapping til he heard me/
I wasn’t rapping till I heard something called Eric B/
And Rakim’s paid in full/
Now rappers really getting played the fool/
So fool the kids don’t go to school/
In hopes of becoming one of us/
The only requirement is that you bust/
Now college is looking slim/
Product is hooking them/
Before they brains fully developed/
They get enveloped by the vision teller/
The television tells them they vision/
Now its hard for them to make decisions/
Without feeling, uncool, unschooled/
Thumb rule, rule of thumb/
You can’t be dumb/
I wish I would’ve studied abroad/
While I studied a broad, and she studied me back/
And my course was hard, that was that/
This is this, listen up, cause alls I’m sayings this/
If 30s the new 20, 30s the new 20 for them wheels as well/
They looking for that mike or some pills to sell/
While the girls are steady graduating/
Niggas standing on the corner hating/
Debating, when shall I get the new Jays or the Kobes/
And they rolling so they wide awake for 4 days/
I am a G-entalman, lets get reacquainted/
I am Andre Benjamin/

0 comments: