Saturday, November 17, 2007

Focus: Eric Bailey - Birds and Bullets



The Words Of Eric Bailey
For as long as I can remember, I have always been creatively driven in life. I remember trying to emulate skateboard graphics as a child and, later in high school, being greatly influenced by grafitti art. While in class, I spent more time glued to my sketchbook in deep concentration than following the prescribed curriculum. This is the reason why, after high school, the next logical step was to study art.

San Francisco is where I would spend the next eight years of my life—studying, absorbing, growing and living. The city has offered me copious amounts of creative stimulation ranging from the atmosphere and attitude on its streets to my friends and fellow artists.

As I've grown as an artist and as an individual, my work has attracted some attention, but I feel things have only just begun. My time is now spent creating works for numerous exhibitions as well as for select commissions and illustration jobs. It is through my passion and dedication that I hope to gain a better understanding of the art of painting and of myself.
I recently relocated to Los Angeles to live, work and broaden my career as an artist. Taking on a new environment and overall way of life I believe I can only grow more. Next stop New York? Who knows, only time will tell.



www.birdsandbullets.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful.