Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nas pulls a "Jada" at Jay Z show last night


http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574259/20071114/jay_z.jhtml

Hov then circled back to his current LP. "Can I play something off there real quick?" he asked before the intro for the song "Success" started.

"I got watches I ain't seen in months/ Apartment at the Trump I only slept in once," he rapped. "N---as said Hova was over, such dummies/ Even if I fell, I'll land on a bunch of money/ Y'all ain't got nothing for me."

Jay then signaled for Nas and started looking to his right for him to come out. But Nas came up behind him, holding a huge cigar and a bottle of champagne. It was a huge moment, but the giddiness of seeing the two New York giants together lasted only momentarily, because Nas could not remember the lines to his verse.

Hov did his best to cover him with ad-libs, but it wasn't quite the same impact as it would have been if Nas had remembered his chilling rhymes. God's Son did quickly recover on "Black Republican," another show-stopper.

*shakes head* unprofessional ass kneegrows...

0 comments: