Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pictures With Words: Blu - In Rememberance


It seems like yesterday we was chasin the ice cream truck...now we hopin that our ice bling plush, its kinda crazy right?
One minute you're a baby and the next, you're sexin without protection and now you holdin a baby like....damn, I was just in your shoes. Now you're the papa thats adjustin their shoes, teach em to walk straight.
Cause honestly they got a long way to go and what you tell them now is all that they know.
See I remember when my folks said...."You'll know what I mean when you get older."
I was only a teen, thinkin that I was a grown up...please....I had so much to see.
Thinkin the little that I saw was all this world had to offer to me.
At 18, I headed off in the streets without guidance....just the eyes of God watchin over me as time went.
I spent hours workin 9-5's to survive. Me and Jack up in the shack started hustlin sacks just to eat chips and soda, thinkin we finna blow up once this demo gets done. We gon' be stretched out rich, riding limos and such...
Boy I was just a dreamer...
Rockin shows like I went gold, you shoulda seen us.
We was full of youth, not yet abused by time...
It's like I saw the whole world through my rhymes.
It's kinda crazy right?

yea....that was kinda crazy.

Below The Heavens LP OUT NOW! Available On ITunes!
www.myspace.com/bluroc
Photo by sol-exposure.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dope.