Monday, December 10, 2007

Pictures With Words: Common - It's Your World

Night blows, stoves don't work.
Hoes at work. A warrior, so I wear 'em on my shirt. Wish I was free as che was, I spend the day buzzed trippin off hypes, wishin for Nikes in different flavors.
The age of Cain and Big Daddy shown by Caddies, Uncles named Larry that really never grabbed me. My mother gave birth, but she really never had me. Left to the hood to play daddy. Raised by niggas named Butch, Boo and Be-Be. With wieght, so they weigh they, status on the streets,license plates that say they motto. This is Chicago in the hay-day. Similar to Good Times, I guess that I was Jay-Jay, a skinny nigga. Young girls with penny figures. So many niggas stacked upon each other. It's the black upon each other that we love so much. Wonder how many of us is drugs gon' touch. Used to gangbang, aint really thug that much. Rather have some thick broads
and a dutch to clutch. Went to school in Baton Rouge for a couple of years,
my college career got down with a couple of beers. Came back home, now I gotta pay back loans. Same niggas, same blocks, same shit they on. Only thing different quicker they click that chrome. In my defense, yo I had to hit that zone. Man to man I'm good workin' with my hands. My generation never understood workin' for the man. And of being broke, I aint a fan now I stand in the same spotas my old man. My life I planned not to be on this corner I still wanna see California, But this is my world.

I wanna be a duck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dilla!

Anonymous said...

I wanna be rich *Calloway*

Zack Lee said...

i want money....lots and lots of money....